Terms and Conditions
The Best For Ages website is owned and operated by Methodist Homes (MHA). Access to and use of this website is provided by MHA subject to the following terms and conditions and our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
In these terms and conditions and across this website:
- “Best For Ages”, “us” or “we” means the official fundraising arm of national charity MHA, a registered charity in England and Wales (1083995). A limited company limited by guarantee (4043124). Registered office: MHA, Epworth House, Stuart Street, Derby, DE1 2EQ
- “Website” means any website under the ownership or control of MHA from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions and all related domain and microsites;
- “Material” means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links, or computer code or other material published on, contained or available on the website
- MHA and Best For Ages reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this website and any material, products or services on this website at any time. We do not guarantee that this website or any content on it will always be available, error-free or uninterrupted.
Your use of the Best For Ages website
- You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by, any third party. Such restriction includes, without limitation, conduct which may harass, defame or cause distress to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material within this website.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without MHA’s express written consent.
Your personal information
- By using the Best For Ages website or any of our services, or providing us with any personal data, you agree to your personal data being used and disclosed in the manner set out in our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- You may be asked to register with us to access some areas of our website or to make use of some of our services. Your personal data will be used and disclosed in the manner set out in our Privacy and Cookies Policy. We may choose not to accept your registration and we reserve the right to cancel or disable your registration at any time.
Donations and payments
- Best For Ages seeks to protect online payment details in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, however the security of such information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. As such any data transferred is at your own risk.
- If you use a payment card on our website, you must be the authorised user of the card and have permission and funds to make the relevant payment or donation.
Limitations of liability
- MHA and/or Best For Ages will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
i. to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss
ii. for any indirect, special or consequential loss
iii. for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
2. These limitations of liability apply even if MHA and/or Best For Ages has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
- Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit MHA and/or Best For Ages’ liability in respect of any:
i. death or personal injury caused by MHA and/or Best For Ages’ negligence
ii. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of MHA and/or Best For Ages
iii. matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for MHA and/or Best For Ages to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
Trademarks, copyright and other rights
- MHA is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website including the Best For Ages name, slogans, trademarks and logos and may not be used without the prior consent of MHA.
- Copyright in the material is owned by MHA. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of MHA or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited.
Links to third party websites
- Our website may contain links to external websites which we believe provide useful information that will be of interest to our users. Link requests can be submitted by emailing FundraisingEnquiries@mha.org.uk. All requests will be either granted or refused at the discretion of the Best For Ages fundraising team and correspondence about decisions will not be entered into.
- MHA and Best For Ages has no control and therefore takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites even when we have included a link on our own website.
- Links from the Best For Ages website to any other website are for information purposes only and do not imply that the Best For Ages endorses the activities or views of that website or the organisation/individual that operates the site, nor does it indicate any form of association or partnership on our part. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of those sites.
Linking to the Best For Ages website
- It is not necessary to request permission to link to the Best For Ages website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, although we do reserve the right to request the removal of any link.
- A link to the Best For Ages website must not be used to imply MHA and/or Best For Ages endorsement of the site, related products or services. Your site must not conflict with the aims of MHA and/or Best For Ages.
- MHA works closely with the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to providing the highest standards in fundraising. We strive to always work in a way that is effective, open and honest. We are dedicated to raising funds in the most cost effective ways in order to tackle loneliness and isolation in older people across the UK.
- The Fundraising Regulator is an independent body who set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising. The board’s primary function is to deal with complaints about fundraising activity from members of the public, allowing people to give to charitable organisations with confidence.
- By joining the Fundraising Regulator we agree to adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Promise.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of England and Wales, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.